EDI (Centralised) SECTION, JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE,
NHAVA SHEVA, DIST : RAIGAD. PIN – 400 707.
Fax: 022-27243245 | e-mail : email@example.com
|F. No. EDI/Misc-82/2015 JNCH||Date: 24.02.2016|
|FACILITY NOTICE No.-34/2015|
Sub: Registration and Updation of AD (Authorised Dealer) Code in EDI 1.5–reg.
1. The Registration of AD Code (Authorised Dealer Code) in EDI1.5 System for the purpose of foreign currency remittance in the Exporter’s bank account is done by EDI Section. Issuance and functioning of AD Code to Bank branch is governed by the regulations/guidelines and master circulars issued by RBI. The EDI Section is maintaining updated database of AD Codes issued by RBI to various Bank branches. This Database has been provided by ICEGATE for the purpose of verification of the AD Code received for registration/updations in EDI 1.5.
2. The following issues have been observed in this regard :
a) The CHAs/Exporters are giving wrong AD Code of their Bank branch as there is mismatch in the address of the bank issuing letter in favor of the Exporter and that appearing in the system. Hence, all Exporters/CHAs are advised to provide correct AD Code of the Bank Branch having their account.
b) The AD Code of bank branch is not reflected in ICES System even though the said AD Code is certified by the Bank branch. In some cases, the AD Code given by the Bank branch does not match with that provided by RBI to Customs.
c) Some of the Branches of the Banks do not provide their own branch AD Code even though it was issued to them by RBI and is active. Instead, they provide the AD Code of some other branch. Therefore, Some banks are not providing AD Code of correct branch.
In view of above, it is hereby, directed that for first time registration or updation in already registered AD Code of bank branch for export remittance in EDI 1.5 system, the following procedure shall be followed:
REGISTRATION OF FRESH AD CODE :
3.The Exporter/CHA shall approach the helpdesk in EDI alongwith following documents :
a) Exporter’s letter addressed to Asstt./Deputy Commissioner of Customs, EDI, JNCH with a request for registration of AD Code alongwith exporter’s email ID.
b) Copy of IEC and PAN Card of Exporter (Self attested by exporter).
c) Bank branch’s letter mentioning the details of AD Code of corresponding bank account of Exporter. The letter shall clearly mention that the details of AD Code are being provided in accordance to the regulations/guidelines issued by RBI in this regard.
d) The letter should also mention the authorized e-mail ID of the Bank branch for verification of any detail in case of any doubt and for fast processing of registration of AD Code. The communication with Bank branch, if any, will also be shared with the e-mail ID of Exporter.
e) Exporter’s authority letter in favour of CHA authorizing him to submit documents on their behalf for registration of AD Code.
f) Self Attested copy of Pass of Authorized CHA Person.
UPDATION/CHANGE OF ALREADYREGISTERED AD CODE :
4. The Exporter/CHA shall approach the helpdesk in EDI alongwith following documents in addition to the documents required for registration for fresh AD Code as mentioned above,
Exporter’s letter mentioning the reason for updation or change in AD Code and cancellation of previously registered AD Code. The letter should also mention the authorized e-mail ID of the Bank branch in order to verify of any detail, in case of any doubt and for fast processing of the same.
5. On the basis of the abovesaid documents the concerned Executive Assistant(TA/STA) in EDI help desk shall enter the AD Codes in the EDI1.5. All the communications will be done from firstname.lastname@example.org to Bank branch or to Exporter.
6. Difficulties, if any, faced in the implementation of this Facility Notice may be brought to the notice of the undersigned.
(D. K. SRINIVAS)
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-1), JNCH
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II.
2. Allthe Principal Comm./Commissioners of Customs, (NS-G, I, II, III, IV, V) JNCH.
3. All the Addl/ Joint Commissioners of Customs, JNCH.
4. All the DC/ACs, JNCH.
5. On JNCH Website.