JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, SHEVA,
TALUKA: URAN, DIST: RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA – 400 707
|F.No. S/43-Cont./Misc/85/2015 P||Date: 13.01.2016|
|PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 10/2016|
1. Attention of all Steamer Agents/Shipping Lines is invited to the Continuity Bonds executed by them with the Asstt. Commissioner of Customs, Container Cell, JNCH, for temporary importation of containers of durable nature claiming exemption from customs duty in terms of Govt. of India, Ministry of Finance, Notification No. 104/94 Cus dated 16.3.1994 (as amended) and Public Notice No. 49 of 2005 dated 10.10.2005.
2. It is noticed that the conditions of the bond are not being complied by some of the Steamer Agents/Shipping Lines in so far as that the imported containers covered under the Continuity Bond are not being re-exported within the stipulated period of six months from the date of import by the Steamer Agents/Shipping Lines and even no extension of the period of re-export from the Proper Officers is being sought in accordance with the Standing Order No. 12/2011 dated 22.2.2011. Further, it is noticed that some of the Steamer Agents/Shipping Lines are also not submitting the monthly statements of the containers allowed for clearance and pending for re-export beyond the period of six months.
3. In view of the above, all concerned are hereby directed to strictly comply with the conditions of the Continuity Bonds executed by them failing which the terms of the bond will be enforced to recover the Customs duty alongwith applicable interest under Section 142 read with Section 143 of the Customs Act, 1962. Notwithstanding and in addition to the above action, penal action may also be initiated in accordance with the Customs Act, 1962.
( Subhash Agrawal )
Commissioner of Customs
1. The Pr. Chief Commissioners of Customs, Zone I
2. The Pr. Commissioners of Customs, (General) & II
3. The Commissioner of Customs, I/III/V
4. All Addl/Joint/Dy./Asstt. Commissioners, JNCH
5. Appraising Main (Imp) & (Exp), JNCH
7. Mumbai and Nhava Sheva Ship Agents Association
8. Office copy.