JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA-SHEVA
TALUKA-URAN, DISTRICT- RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA- 400 707
|F.No. S/12-Gen-82/2015-16 AM(X)||Date: 12.02.2016|
|Public Notice No. 28 / 2016|
Subject: Procedure for Back to Town (BTT) of Factory Stuffed Containers – modification thereof –reg.
1. Attention of all Exporters, Customs Brokers and other stakeholders is invited to the procedure prescribed for Back to town (BTT) vide Public Notice No. 39/97 dated 12.11.1997 and Public Notice No. 36/2004 dated 08.07.2004.
2. The Trade/Exporters have informed that they are facing undue delay and hardship in complying with the requirement of NOC from the concerned Central Excise / Customs Authorities for processing BTT of Factory Stuffed Containers / Central Excise Sealed Packages.
3. Considering the request of Trade/ Exporters, it has been decided that the requirement of NOC from concerned Central Excise / Customs Authorities shall be dispensed with. Instead of this, the Exporters would be required to intimate the jurisdictional Central Excise / Customs Commissionerates about such permissions and submit an acknowledged copy of this communication to the concerned AC/DC of Customs.
4. Any difficulty may be brought to the notice of the Addl. Commissioner of Customs, Appraising Main (Export), JNCH.
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS, NS-IV
1. PA to the Principal Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II.
2. The Pr. Commissioner of Customs, NS-Gen/NS-II.
3. The Commissioner of Customs NS-IV
4. The Addl. /Joint Commissioner of Customs, NS-II, NS-IV and NS-Gen.
5. All the Dy. / Asstt. Commissioner of Customs, NS-II, NS-IV and NS-Gen.
6. Notice Board and Website.