EDI (CENTRALISED) SECTION, 2ND FLOOR, B-WING,
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE,
NHAVA SHEVA, URAN, RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA – 400 707
FAX: 022-27243245 | e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|F. No. EDI/MISC-55/2014 JNCH||Date:-24/02/2016|
|PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 32/2016|
SUB:- Allocation of EDD Challan generation role to SVB and EDI Appraiser – reg.
1- Attention of all Importers / Exporters, Custom House Agents and Trade is invited to the issue of delay faced by them in the process of generation of EDD payment Challan by Group Appraisers. The said delay affects the operations and increases overall dwell time.
2. The matter has been examined and it is observed that for generation of EDD payment Challan, the Group Appraiser has to repeatedly exit from the Appraising Menu. Due to heavy work pressure of B/E assessment in Groups, the aforesaid repeated entering and exiting from Appraising menu causes delay in assessment. Due to above, the Group Appraisers are unable to generate the EDD payment Challan at the time of assessment of the B/E, itself.
3. To mitigate the above problem, it has been decided that in addition to Group Appraiser, the EDD payment Challans will also be generated by Appraiser, Special Valuation Branch (SVB) and EDI. The above Challan generation by SVB & EDI Appraisers will be in a centralized manner, irrespective of the Group.
4. Difficulty faced, if any, in implementation of this Public Notice may be brought to the notice of the undersigned.
(D. K. SRINIVAS)
Commissioner of Customs (NS-I),
JNCH, NHAVA SHEVA
1. PA to the Pr. Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH
2. The Pr. Commissioner / All the Commissioners of Customs, JNCH.
3. All the Addl. / Jt. Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
4. All the Dy. / Asstt. Commissioner of Customs, All Groups, JNCH.
5. Bombay Custom House Agent Association.