JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA, URAN,
DIST: RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA – 400 707
|F.No.S/22-Gen-96/2015-16 AM(I) Part-I||Date: 03.03.2016|
|Public Notice No. 38/2016|
Sub: Clearance of Livestock and Livestock Products – Reg.
1. Attention of all the importers, Exporters, Customs Brokers and other stake holders is invited to the Central Board of Excise and Customs Circular No.2/2016-Customs dated 27.01.2016 alongwith Board’s Circular No. 13/2007-Customs dated 02.03.2007 wherein Board has already issued instructions reiterating the provisions for import of Livestock/Livestock products to ensure that clearance of Livestock/Livestock products is done after proper quarantine check and issue of no objection certificate by Animal Quarantine Officer.
2. The said circular no. 13/2007- Customs dated 2nd March, 2007, in respect of clearance of Diplomatic baggage and cargo, reiterated that the import of goods which is prohibited by the law or regulated by the quarantine provisions, inspection can be conducted only in the presence of the diplomatic agent or of his authorized representative. However any such inspection should be undertaken only after prior consultation or authorization of the protocol division of Ministry of External Affairs (MEA). A representative of MEA should invariably be present at the time of inspection. Further, Inspection should be based on prior intelligence and with the approval of the Commissioner of Customs. In cases where declaration itself contains presence of livestock and livestock products in the cargo, the standard procedure of referral to Quarantine authorities needs to be adhered to. MEA has informed that such requirement of quarantine authorities in respect of Diplomatic cargo need to be informed to all Diplomatic Missions before the procedure is put in place. Accordingly, it was decided that such referral by Customs should commence only after MEA has briefed all Diplomatic Missions about these requirements.
3. Ministry of External Affairs has now informed that the Diplomatic Missions who are importing Livestock/Livestock products have been submitting a Self Certification along with their Customs Duty Exemption Certificate for import of goods in the format Form 7A recently uploaded on the website of Ministry of External Affairs under the Useful Links/Protocol Division. In the self certification, the authorized signatory of the Diplomatic Mission certifies that he/she is aware that import and export of some specified goods may be restricted/prohibited under the Customs Act, 1962 and Notifications of the Government of India and other laws including the Livestock Importation Act.
4. As such, the Diplomatic Missions are aware of the need for compliance of the laws of the land for import of all goods including Livestock products. Therefore, Diplomatic Missions are already following the procedure for import of Livestock products. However, Ministry of External Affairs has desired that top priority be accorded to Diplomatic Missions while issuing AQCS clearances for their Livestock product imports.
5. Keeping in view the above, it has been decided that Customs should commence standard procedure of referral to quarantine authorities in respect of Diplomatic Cargo and baggage. However, priority may be accorded to such consignments of Diplomatic Missions.
6. In this regard all the stake holders involved in the processing and Clearance of Livestock and Livestock Products are advised to follow the above procedure.
7. For any further information/clarification in this regard, Shri B.L.Reddy, Dy. Commissioner of Customs, Appraising Main (Import), JNCH, Nhava Sheva may be contacted at his office at 7th Floor, Jawaharlal Nehru Custom House, Nhava Sheva or on phone no. 022-27244750.
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS
NS-I & III, JNCH, NHAVA SHEVA
1. The Pr. Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II
2. The Pr. Commissioner / All the Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II
3. All Addl./Joint Commissioners of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II
4. All Deputy/Asstt. Commissioners of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II
5. The DC/EDI for uploading on the JNCH website
6. Bombay Custom House Agent Association
7. All Trade Associations