JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, SHEVA,
TAL : URAN, DIST : RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA – 400 707.
|F. No. S/26-MISC- 2918/2016 VII G JNCH||Date:22.03.2016|
|PUBLIC NOTICE No.54/2016|
SUBJECT : VERIFICATION OF GENUINENESS OF IMPORTER UNDER ADVANCE AUTHORIZATION / EPCG SCHEME – REG.
1. Attention of trade members, importers, exporters, Custom Brokers is invited towards the procedure of registration of Advance Authorization / EPCG Authorization. One of the requirement is prior verification report from jurisdictional Central Excise Authorities, in case importer is registered with Central Excise Authorities, in terms of Board Circular 58/2004 dated 21.10.2004. On receipt of verification report from jurisdictional Central Excise Authorities, Advance Authorizations/EPCG Authorizations are registered on Bond/LUT or on LUT and BG, as the case may be depending upon the category of importer as prescribed in Para 3.1 of the Board Circular 58/2004 dated 21.10.2004.
2. In this regard, as a facilitation measure and reduction in the transaction time and cost of the importer it has been decided to dispense with the practice of prior verification report from Central Excise Authorities and the EPCG Authorizations would be registered on the basis of affidavit only. However, post verification would be resorted to after registration of such Authorizations/licenses from the concerned Authorities to ascertain the penalization under Customs Act, 1962, Central Excise Act, 1944, the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (FEMA), the Foreign Trade (Development & Regulation) Act, 1992 and the Finance Act, 1994 (Service Tax).
3. Further, once verification has been conducted, such verifications reports were generally considered to be valid for six months. Therefore, at the time of registration of new Advance Authorizations/EPCG authorizations in cases of existing Authorization Holder, there would not be any need of pre-verification from jurisdictional Central Excise Authorities, even after expiry of six months period. However, post verification would also be done in such cases after registration of license.
4. The exemption from Bank Guarantee/Cash Security availed at the time of registration of Advance Authorization/ EPCG authorization by the importer will be inapplicable in cases of receipt of adverse report from any of the authorities as a result of verification conducted from various authorities such as DRI, ED, Central Excise Authorities and DGFT. In such cases, license holder would be liable to furnish 100% Bank Guarantee.
5. The License holder seeking registration of Advance Authorization / EPCG Authorization should submit following documents :-
a) Original Advance Authorization / EPCG Authorization
b) Request letter for registration indicating details of other manufacturing premises, if any.
c) Affidavit as prescribed vide Board Circular No. 06/2011-Cus. dated 18.01.2011.
6. Once aforesaid documents are received, the Advance Authorizations/EPCG Authorizations shall be registered on the same day.
7. Any difficulty noticed in the implementation of these instructions may be brought to the notice of the Additional/Joint Commissioner of Customs, EPCG.
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS, NS-IV,
JNCH, NHAVA SHEVA, URAN.
Copy to :
1. The Principal Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone – III
2. The Pr. Commissioner of Customs, NS-Gen/NS-II
3. The Addl./Jt. Commissioner of Customs, NS-I, NS-III, NS-IV and NS-V
4. All the Asstt. Commissioner of Customs, NS-Gen, NS-I, NS-II, NS-III, NS-IV and NS-V
5. Notice Board and Website.