EDI (CENTRALISED) SECTION, 2ND FLOOR, B-WING,
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE,
NHAVA SHEVA, URAN, RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA – 400 707
FAX: 022-27243245 | e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|F. No. EDI/MISC-51/2014 JNCH||Date:-05/02/2016|
|STANDING ORDER NO. 10/2016|
SUBJECT:- Enabling of option to avail CVD using Customs Notification (related to Coal & Muriate of potash) – reg.
1. Attention of all officers and concerned staff is invited to the inability of the EDI system in providing double Customs notification benefit in the system after Board’s Clarification vide Circular No. 41/2013 dated 21.10.2013. The inability was that CVD column in ICES was accepting only Excise Notification by default and was not recognizing the Customs Notification. There was no provision in the EDI System to enter two BCD notifications for availment of benefit under notification No. 12/2012-Cus as well as FTA notification No. 46/2011-Cus. This resulted in filing of manual B/Es to avail both the notifications simultaneously.
2. This problem has now been resolved by adding another column “CVD Flag” in ICES, which would be changed to either “C” or “E” to claim necessary exemptions. For Indonesian Coal related B/E, to claim CVD under Customs notification 012/2012, Sl. No. 123, the CVD flag should be changed to “C” to indicate Customs notification. Similarly, to avail CVD exemption under Excise notification by overriding CVD part of Customs notification (For. e.g. in Muriate of Potash), the assessing officer may make CVD flag as “E” and enter the Central Excise notification.
3. Since, this involves B/E format changes, it is not available during filing. However, Appraiser has been given an option to provide this exemption using above stated option. In view of the above, no manual filing of B/E may henceforth be allowed on this count.
4. Difficulty faced, if any, in implementation of this Standing Order may be brought to the notice of the undersigned.
(D. K. SRINIVAS)
Commissioner of Customs (NS-I),
JNCH, NHAVA SHEVA
1. PA to the Pr. Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH
2. The Pr. Commissioner / All the Commissioners of Customs, JNCH.
3. All the Addl. / Jt. Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
4. All the Dy. / Asstt. Commissioner of Customs, All Groups, JNCH.
5. Notice Board and Website, JNCH.