JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA,
TAL. URAN, DIST. RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA – 400 707.
|F. No. S/16-DEEC-GEN-435/15-16 Gr.VII-D||Date: 11.02.2016|
|STANDING ORDER NO.11 /2016|
Subject: Manual debit of Advance Licence- reg.
1. It has been represented by the trade that the manual debit of Advance Authorization in addition to the electronic debit of the licence in the EDI system leads to delay in clearance, especially in cases where the number of items in the Bill of Entry are large as debit of each item takes a lot of time. Further, if the AO is not available on his seat or is busy with some urgent work, the process of manual debit is held up and it leads to delay in clearance.
2. In the light of the importer’s requests and as a measure of Trade Facilitation and Ease of Doing Business, it has been decided that henceforth, to avoid duplication of work, the Advance Authorization will be debited only in the EDI system. The practice of manual debit of Advance Authorization shall be discontinued and manual debit of Advance Authorizations shall not be done by the Group Appraiser. Consequently, in examination orders, the Assessing Officers shall not give instructionsto the Docks Officersto check manual debit of Advance Authorizations.
3. These directions be strictly complied with by the Assessing Officers.
4. The Officers examining the goods in dock may re-check the debit of licence in the system to ensure that the same has been properly done.
Commissioner of Customs
1. PA to the Principal Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II.
2. The Pr. Commissioner of Customs, NS-Gen/NS-II.
3. The Addl./Joint Commissioner of Customs, NS-I,NS-III NS-IV and NS-V.
4. All the Dy./Asstt. Commissioner of Customs, NS-Gen,, NS-I,NS-II,NS-III, NS-IV and NS-V.
5. Notice Board and Website.