JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA-SHEVA
TALUKA-URAN, DISTRICT- RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA- 400 707
|F.No. S/12-Gen-82/2015-16 AM(X)||Date: 12.02.2016|
|STANDING ORDER No. 14 / 2016|
Subject: Procedure for Back to Town (BTT) of Factory Stuffed Containers – modification thereof –reg.
1. Attention of all Officers and Staff is invited on procedure prescribed for Back to town (BTT) vide Public Notice No. 39/97 dated 12.11.1997, Public Notice No. 36/2004 dated 08.07.2004 and instructions contained in Standing Order No. 43/2008 dated 17.09.2008.
2. The Trade/Exporters have informed that they are facing undue delay and hardship in complying with the requirement of NOC from the concerned Central Excise / Customs Authorities for processing BTT of Factory Stuffed Containers / Central Excise Sealed Packages.
3. Considering the request of Trade/ Exporters, the procedure of BTT in respect of such cargo has been modified to the extent that the NOC from concerned Central Excise / Customs Authorities shall not be insisted upon. Instead, after completion of BTT procedures, a communication should be sent by the Exporter to the jurisdictional Central Excise / Customs Commissionerates intimating about such clearances. It will be followed with similar communication by the officer granting BTT permission to concerned Central Excise / Customs Commissionerate.
4. The record of such Back to Town clearances is to be maintained in a separate register at all the aforesaid CFSs and AC/DC in-charge of the CFS shall ensure that the necessary communication to the concerned Central Excise/ Customs Authorities has been sent and acknowledged.
5. Any difficulty in implementation of these instructions may be brought to the notice of the Addl. Commissioner of Customs, Appraising Main (Export), JNCH.
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS, NS-IV
1. PA to the Principal Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II.
2. The Pr. Commissioner of Customs, NS-Gen/NS-II.
3. The Commissioner of Customs NS-IV
4. The Addl. /Joint Commissioner of Customs, NS-II, NS-IV and NS-Gen.
5. All the Dy. / Asstt. Commissioner of Customs, NS-II, NS-IV and NS-Gen.
6. Notice Board and Website.