JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA-SHEVA
TALUKA-URAN, DISTRICT- RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA- 400 707
|F.No. S/12-Gen-38/2015-16 AM(X)||Date: 11.03.2016|
|STANDING ORDER No. 22 / 2016|
Subject: Import of second hand waste tyres for recycling / recovery – testing of samples – reg.
1. Attention of all officers is invited to the clarification issued by Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change vide their Office Memorandum No. F.No. 5-36/2014-HSMD dated 2nd July, 2015 regarding import of scrap tyres and tubes.
2. The MoEF has informed that the imports of second hand waste tyres for recycling/recovery and co-processing are regulated under Hazardous Waste (Management, Handling and Trans-boundary movement) Rules, 2008 and can only be imported with the permission of the Ministry.
3. However, in the 36th Meeting of Technical Review Committee under the Hazardous Waste (Management, Handling and Trans-boundary movement) Rules, 2008 held on 21st May 2015, it has been decided that in case of scrap tyres and tubes, visual inspection is adequate and no lab testing is required. In case, if record is to be maintained, a photograph of the consignment can be taken.
4. All the concerned officers are directed that the assessment and examination of consignments of second hand waste tyres / tyre scrap should be done accordingly.
5. Any difficulty in implementation of this Standing Order may be brought to the notice of the Additional Commissioner of Customs, Appraising Main (Export).
6. This issues with the concurrence of the Pr. Commissioner of Customs, NS-G & NS-II.
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS, NS-IV
1.PA to the Principal Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II.
2.The Pr. Commissioner of Customs, NS-Gen/NS-II.
3.The Commissioner of Customs NS-IV
4.The Addl. /Joint Commissioner of Customs, NS-II, NS-IV and NS-Gen.
5.All the Dy. / Asstt. Commissioner of Customs, NS-II, NS-IV and NS-Gen.
6.Notice Board and Website.