JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA,
TAL. URAN, DIST. RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA – 400 707.
|F. No. S/16-DEEC-GEN-435/15-16 Gr. VII-D||Dated: 17.03.2016|
|STANDING ORDER NO. 26/2016|
Subject: Manual debit of Advance Licence
1. Attention of all the concerned Officers is invited to the Standing Order No. 11/2016 dated 11.02.2016 on the above subject.
2. It has been represented by the trade that the manual debit of Advance Authorization in addition to the electronic debit of the licence in the EDI system leads to delay in clearance, especially in cases where the number of items in the Bill of Entry are large as debit of each item takes a lot of time.
3. In the light of the importer’s requests and as a measure of Trade Facilitation and Ease of Doing Business, it has been decided that the Advance Authorization will be debited only in the EDI system to avoid duplication of work. The practice of manual debit of Advance Authorization has been discontinued and it will not be necessary to get the Advance Authorization debited manually from the Group Appraiser.
4. However, if a holder of Advance Authorisation (AA) (registered at JNCH ) is desirous of obtaining ARO / Invalidation letter from the Regional Authority (which issued the AA) for domestic sourcing, they should first request the Group AC/DC to issue an Advice Letter for the intended quantity and value (which AC/DC shall update in the record) in favour of the concerned Regional Authority and thereafter, the holder of AA shall apply (based on the Advice Letter) to the Regional Authority to issue ARO etc. It shall be ensured that the request for such advise letter is processed immediately and should be issued on the same day.
Commissioner of Customs
1. PA to the Principal Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II.
2. The Pr. Commissioner of Customs, NS-Gen/NS-II.
3. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-I/III.
4. The Addl./Joint Commissioners of Customs, NS-Gen/I/II/III/IV/V
5. All the Dy./Asstt. Commissioners of Customs, NS-Gen/I/II/III/IV/V
6. Notice Board and Website.
7. All Zonal Offices/ RAs of DGFT for information with reference to para 4 for issue of AROs.
5. These directions be strictly complied with and manual debit may not be insisted upon by the Assessing Officer.
6. The Officers examining the goods and giving out of charge order should re-check the debit of Authorisation licence in the System to ensure that the same has been properly done.
7. This Standing Order substitutes the Standing Order No. 11/2016 dated 11.02.2016.