OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (IMPORT)
JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA.
F. No.S/22-Gen-41/2014-15 AM (I) Dated: 17.05.2016
STANDING ORDER No.35/2016
Subject : Insistence on documents of registration where not required-
Attention of all the Staff members is invited to the Board’s Instructions F.No.401/69/2016-Cus.III dated 22.4.2016 on the above subject.
2. Representations have been received in the Board regarding problems faced by importers on the clearance of products not specified under the Legal Metrology Act, 2009.
3. It has been brought to notice that Customs officers are insisting on registration documents from importers on products which do not fall under the purview of the Legal Metrology Act, 2009 and Rules made thereunder. Insistence on such documents has been reported to cause undue delay in the clearance of such consignments.
4. All the concerned Staff Members are hereby directed not to insist on registration documents under Legal Metrology Act, 2009 wherever it is not required.
5. Difficulty faced, if any, may be brought to the notice of the undersigned.
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS, NS-I & III
1. The Pr. Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II
2. The Pr. Commissioner / All the Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II
3. All Addl./Joint Commissioners of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II
4. All Deputy/Asstt. Commissioners of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II
5. The DC/EDI for uploading on the JNCH website
6. Bombay Custom House Agent Association
7. All Trade Associations