OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (IMPORT)
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA,
F.No. EDI – 187/2002-03 JNCH Date: 05.01.2006
STANDING ORDER No. 1 /2006
Sub : EDI Security guidelines and creation of User-ID - reg
Attention of all the Officers/Staff is invited to standing order No. 84/2003 dtd 23.12.2003 on the subject matter.
2. Instances have come to notice that many officers, who are allotted USER IDs for working on ICES (IMPORT/EXPORT) by the System Manager do not get the USER IDs cancelled when they are relieved from that charge. Such USER IDs are prone to any possible misuse, for which the officer holding the USER-ID is to be held responsible.
3. In view of the above, all the officers having USER-IDs for working on the ICES must get such USER-IDs cancelled whenever they are transferred from the charge for which it was allotted.
4. The AC/DC under whom the officer is working should not relieve the officer unless he/she produces a confirmation from the System Manager that his/her USER-ID has been cancelled. The same procedure should be followed in respect of ACs/DCs by the supervising JCs/ADCs.
5. For creation of USER-IDs, the request should be made in the enclosed proforma duly signed by the supervisory officer.
6. The abovementioned should be followed scrupulously by all officers. Difficulties, if any, may be brought to the knowledge of JC(EDI) or DC(EDI).
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS,
Encl :User id request form