OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (IMPORT)
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA,
F.No. EDI – 60/2005 JNCH Date:13.01.2006
Standing Order No. 02/2006
Sub : Procedure for computerized Noting of Manual Bills of Entry under Local
LAN Systems and procedure thereof.
The following procedure is required to be followed in respect of computerized Noting of Manual Bills of Entry.
1. The application for filing of manual B/E shall be presented to the EDI Section in the format prescribed and available in EDI Section. The invoice no., B/L No. and IGM Details shall be mentioned on such application. The application shall contain the reasons for requesting for manual B/E. In case where the group has recommended manual filing of B/E, such recommendation shall be attached to the application. After due scrutiny, the permission will be granted on case to case basis by EDI section with the approval of JC/EDI or DC/EDI.
2. After taking permission from EDI Department to file a Manual Bill of Entry, the importer/CHA will present the Manual Bill of Entry to Import Noting clerk with data floppy created using RES package (which can be downloaded from http://icegate.gov.in/site) and computer print out of the same, duly signed by the CHA/Importer alongwith copy of invoice and Bills of Lading, to the Import Noting Section for generating the Thoka Number (from the system) for the Bill of Entry. After this, the Bill of Entry shall follow the same route as being done presently in manual assessment procedure.
3. After cash collection manually or a stamp IDF/ADF on B/E, the Cash Department (if duty has been paid) or Gr. VII (IDF(Import Duty Free)/ADF (Assessment Duty Free)) Section (if no duty is paid), will send the original copy of Bill of Entry to Import Noting Section, on the same working day for the following purpose:-
a) Import Clerk will recall the Bill of Entry in the system and will enter the cash number, cash date and total amount of duty collected. System will compare the duty declared and duty collected. If both are not the same then Import Clerk will compare the details of Bill of Entry in the system with the assessed manual Bill of Entry. The Import Clerk will update the system as per the assessed manual Bill of Entry. Thereafter ‘Compared’ Stamp shall be stamped by the clerk on the Bills of Entry.
b) All the IDF (Import Duty Free)/ADF(Assessment Duty Free) Bills of Entry will be sent to Import Clerk for data verification.
c) After comparing all the Bills of Entry in the system, the Import Clerk will initialize the “STATUS” Run.
d) After completion of “STATUS” Run, three copies of the days work, will be generated which shall be put up to the Assistant Commissioner (Import/Noting) in the file.
4. Thereafter, all the original copies of Bills of Entry shall be sent by the Import Noting Section to Cash or Gr.VII (IDF/ADF) Section, as the case may be, alongwith computer printouts.
5. The ‘Compared’ stamp shall be put on each Manual Bill of Entry by Import Clerk otherwise, the examination order and the out of charge of goods shall not be allowed by officers concerned.
6. The Group Appraiser shall ensure that the “Compared” is stamped on the Bill of Entry before he/she gives ‘examination order’ on Bill of Entry and the officer allowing out of charge has to ensure in case of Ex-Bond Bills of Entry and 1st Check Examination Bill of Entry that the ‘compared’ stamp is stamped on each Manual Bill of Entry.
7. The Import clerk shall ensure that the entries of all the Manual Bills of Entry are made in existing LAN System of this Custom House as well as in the new LAN software.
8. Difficulties, if any, may be brought to the notice of Systems Manager/DC(EDI).
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (IMPORT)