OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (IMPORT), JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, SHEVA, TAL. URAN,
DIST. RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA-400 707.
F.NO. S/22-GEN-38/2011 AM (IMP) JNCH DATE: 16.03.2011
STANDING ORDER NO. 20 /2011
Sub : Procedure regarding Transfer/Transshipment of cargo - regarding
Attention is invited to Board’s Circular No.6/2007-Customs dtd. 22.01.2007 which outlines comprehensive procedures and guidelines for transshipment of cargo from one Customs station to other Custom stations.
2. Representations have been received from trade that procedure regarding international transshipment of cargo arriving from a foreign destination and proceeding to a foreign destination via an airport in India from one flight to another needs to be simplified in order to ensure an efficient Cargo Transfer facility and to reduce dwell time.
3. The matter has been examined by the Board. In order to redress the issue and to simplify the procedure, the Board vide Circular No.8/2011-Customs dtd.28.01.2011 had conveyed the decision that in case of international transhipped cargo (Foreign to Foreign), for the pre-sorted containers wherein Cargo does not require segregation, ramp to ramp or tail to tail transfer of cargo, can be effected, provided the same is carried out under preventive supervision on payment of MOT and Observance of Cargo Transfer Manifest (CTM) procedure. In these cases, transshipment Cargo meant for destination abroad need not be sent to Cargo warehouses. In the case of containers other than pre-sorted containers, the existing procedure for transshipment of Cargo (Foreign to Foreign would continue to apply.
4. Para 3.3 of Boards Circular No.6/2007-Customs dtd. 22.01.2007 stands modified to the above extent.
5. Difficulties faced in the implementation of the standing order may be reported to undersigned.
( MALA SRIVASTAVA )
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (IMPORT)
Copy to :
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone – II, JNCH
2. The Commissioner of Customs (Export/Appeal), JNCH.
3. All Addl./Jt. Commissioner of Customs (Import), JNCH.
4. All. Dy./Asstt. Commissioner of Customs (Import), JNCH.
5. EDI Section …. For uploading on JNCH website.
6. Office copy.