JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, SHEVA, TAL-URAN,
F. No. S/12-Gen-196/2011 AM(X) Date: 28.03.2011.
STANDING ORDER NO.: 22 /2011.
SUB : Procedure regarding transfer/transshipment of cargo- reg
Attention of all concerned is invited to the Board Circular No.8/2011-Customs dated 28.01.2011wherein reference has been made to Board Circular No. 6/2007 – Customs dated 22.01.2007 which outlines comprehensive procedures and guidelines for transshipment of cargo from one Custom station to other Custom stations.
2. Representations have been received from trade that procedures regarding international transshipment of cargo arriving from a foreign destination and proceeding to a foreign destination via an airport in India from one flight to another needs to be simplified in order to ensure an efficient cargo Transfer Facility and to reduce dwell time
3. The matter has been examined in the board. In order to redress the issue and to simplify the procedure, it has been decided that in case of international transshipped cargo (Foreign to Foreign), for the pre-sorted containers wherein Cargo does not require segregation, ramp to ramp or tail to tail transfer of cargo can be effected, provided the same is carried out under preventive supervision on payment of MOT and Observance of Cargo Transfer Manifest (CTM) procedure. In these cases, transshipment Cargo meant for destination abroad need not be sent to Cargo warehouses. In the cases of containers other than pre-sorted containers, the existing procedure for transshipment of Cargo (Foreign to Foreign) would continue to apply.
5. Difficulty faced, if any, in implementation of the directions may be immediately brought to the notice of the undersigned.
( SUSHIL SOLANKI )
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (
1. Member (Customs), CBEC,
JS (Customs), CBEC,
3. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II
4. The Commissioner of Customs (Import), JNCH
5. All the Addl./Jt. Commissioners of Customs, JNCH
6. All the Trade Associations
8. Notice Board
9. The System manager, EDI,