OFFICE OF THE CHIEF COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS MUMBAI-II
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, SHEVA, DIST. RAIGAD,
MAHARASHTRA 400 707
F. No. S/V-30-Misc.-27/2011 CCO M II Dated : 30.05.2011
Subject : Furnishing requisite information for CRA and prompt reply of Audit Memos -reg.
It has come to the notice of this Office that Audit Memos are not being handled properly and promptly in Mumbai Customs Zone-II.
2. The Comptroller & Auditor General of India is a Statutory Authority for Customs Receipt Audit. Objections raised by CRA are sometimes based on the facts/ information retrieved from EDI. In these cases, it is necessary for the department to immediately provide related files and other information to CRA. In this way, the department can justify its decisions based on the additional facts and Audit Memos can be dropped by CRA accordingly.
3. The officers in-charge should ensure that to-the-point replies are rendered to the audit observations communicated through the audit memos and take immediate steps for appropriate remedial action. The officers in charge are also required to send the reply to an audit note/ inspection report within four weeks of its receipt.
4. Commissioners must ensure compliance in this regard.
(K. R. BHARGAVA)
CHIEF COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS
Copy to :
1. The Commissioner of Customs (Import), (Export), JNCH, Sheva.
2. All the Addl./Jt.Commissioners of Customs , JNCH, Sheva.
3. Dy. Commissioner of Customs, (Appraising Main), Import and Export.
4. Guard file.